An awards banquet to honour out- standing public servants brought down the curtains on the 2013 celebrations of Public Service Day. The event was held on Monday night, at Jolly Beach Resort and Spa.
Ambassador Colin Murdoch, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Trade, was selected by his peers as the most outstanding permanent secretary, to win the Prime Minis- ter’s Annual Leadership Award.
Minister of Finance, the Economy and Public Administration Hon. Harold Lovell accepted the award for Ambassador Murdoch, who was attending an overseas meeting.
Sharon Stevens-Hypolite from the Ministry of Tourism captured the Minister of Finance, the Economy and Public Administration’s Annual Award and also the top nominee position from her ministry.
Other awardees who received plaques and gifts are:
• Rosemarie Joseph - Establishment Department (gift certificate compliments Harney Motors)
• Joycelyn Hughes - Ministry of National Security and Labour (gift certificate from Automotive Art)
• Janice Michael - Ministry of Foreign Affairs (gift certificate compliments Caribbean Alliance)
• Cecelia James - Ministry of Health (gift certificate compliments West Indies Oil Co.)
• Desiree Weston-Williams - Ministry of Education (gift Certificate from Galley Bay Resort and Spa)
• Karie Benjamin - Office of the Prime Minister (gift certificate compliments Antigua Motors)
• Linda Drew - Ministry of National Security (gift certificate from LIME)
• Sharon Hypolite - Ministry of Tourism (gift certificate for Blue Waters Hotel compliments Minister of Finance Hon. Harold Lovell)
• Lavern Browne - Ministry of Social Transformation (gift certificate from Automotive Art)
• Darrah Tonge – Parliament (gift certificate from LIME) The planning committee thanks ev-
eryone who made the Public Service Awards Ceremony 2013 a reality. A special thanks also to Sign Pro, Columbian Emeralds and Jolly Beach Resort and Spa.
The Theme for this year’s Public Service Celebrations was “Transformative E-Government and Innovation: Creating a Better Future for All.”